Motoring Offences Price & Service Information
Our team comprises one partner who is assisted by paralegals.
- Myke Osuji – Solicitor (qualified as a solicitor in 2007)
The fees set out cover all of the work in relation to Summary RTA’s in Magistrate Courts. This includes following;
- taking your initial instructions, reviewing the papers and advising you on the merits of your case or defence (this is likely to be revisited throughout the matter and subject to change
- preparing your case or response
- reviewing and advising on the case or response from the CPS;
- preparing for (and attending) any preliminary hearings;
- exchanging documents with the other party and agreeing a bundle of documents;
- taking witness statements, drafting statements and agreeing their content with witnesses;
- preparing a bundle of documents ;
- instructing a barrister.
Our charges and timescales
Our legal fees is fixed at £500.00 Plus VAT.
We will negotiate the fees of the barrister for you once it has been decided that a barrister needs to be involved in the case. Barristers’ fees depend on the complexity of the task given to them and their experience and expertise. Barristers will charge VAT in addition to the quoted fee. By way of example:
- an appearance by a junior barrister at a preliminary hearing (one to two hours) might cost in the region of £400-£500 excluding VAT;
HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE FOR A CASE TO REACH A HEARING?
The length of time in mororing offence case varies but it could take inbetween 3-9 months depsending upon the severity of the offence. We will of course keep you informed throughout the preparation of a case about how long the matter is likely to take to reach a conclusion.